30 Day Gymternet Challenge
Day 6. Favorite bar routine: Epke Zonderland 2012 Olympics EF.
Since the challenge post says “bar” I’ll choose high bar since I like it better than uneven bars. This routine is so exciting, I was fanning so hard for him, but I know his form is not so good, so I was sucking it up on whether he was going to win or not. I had heard he was planning on doing the three releases and I died when I saw him do it, it was so unbelievably amazing.
5) Favourite Floor Routine
- Ksenia Afanasyeva’s 2012 Routine. BADASS. She used the Kill Bill sirens, what more can I say. She’s classy, daring, chic and elegant. Objectively I watched almost all the floor routines from London and the ‘12 quad and this easily was my favourite routine. Although I haven’t seen all floor routines from all decades, I don’t care because this is my favourite floor routine of all time.
4) MAG Crush
- Kohei Uchimura. I have no MAG crushes but a challenge is a challenge.
Day 5. Favorite Floor Routine: 2012 Olympics Ksenia Afanasyeva
The first time I saw this routine it was the team finals one, I was just so amazed of how beautiful her choreography is, it’s so cool and sassy, I love the elements on her routine and the music too. I don’t know if I’ll ever get so see a routine I love more than this one.
Hi anon, all MAG vaults were devalued 1.0 starting this quad in 2013, so Yang’s vault was worth 7.4 before but now it’s a 6.4, so there are no 7.0 vaults anymore, 6.4 is the highest. :)
1. what the fuck is that tattoo
2. what the fuck is going on with that hair
3. i feel like i haven’t seen him in ten years whats going on
Yang Hak Seon landing his Kasamatsu 2.5 :D they gave it a difficulty of 6.4 so if he does this one and the Front 3/1 which is also worth 6.4 at worlds, he will have the highest difficulty this year :D again, since most guys do two 6.0 vaults or a 6.0 and a 5.6.
30 Day Gymternet Challenge
1. Favourite Gymnast overall - Aliya Mustafina
Anna Pavlova BB
well that’s why she ended up fourth
Day 4. MAG Crush: Yang Hak Seon
Haha this one was really hard, because so many male gymnasts are super hot and manly and look like they could make you get down on your knees (if you know what I mean) with just one look, but Hak Seon is more on the cute good guy side, but that is my type in real life, I don’t like it when they look like douche bags, I mean I do find them attractive but I wouldn’t really go for them if I had the chance. I prefer it when they look like nice guys (with a nice ass to match). He looks pretty innocent and that just makes me want to do bad things hahahaha. Sorry about that.
2) Favourite Gymnast Who Is Currently Competing
- Ksenia Afanasyeva. She’s also one of my favourite gymnast of all time but I gave it to Uchimura already and this is a challenge so I’m trying to only pick one gymnast per challenge question.
I can never forget the first time I saw Afan in Beijing beam and thought okay decent and pretty body posture. I never really paid much attention to her until I saw her floor and thought wow, I was not expecting so much elegant movements. Also I admit that I thought she looked not attractive but somehow the way she danced captivated and intrigued me. I was pleasantly surprised and of course her music choice intrigued me. I especially liked the choreo part where she folded herself in. Hence my avatar.
I’m glad to be an Afanasyeva fan. Sometimes people only know her for her floor routines but she is also a good all-arounder. She has some brilliant routines on Youtube and some disappointing ones. For me, it’s not always about winning or perfect form/technique. Afanasyeva is Afanasyeva. I don’t think I’ll ever have a real favourite female gymnast like how I like Afan.